James Thewlis is the Co-Founder and Chief Scientist of Unitary, a startup working to prevent harmful content online with computer vision. Prior to founding Unitary, James completed a PhD in computer vision from the University of Oxford’s Visual Geometry Group supervised by Andrea Vedaldi, during which he collaborated with Facebook AI Research and published at international AI conferences such as NeurIPS.
|Oct 3, 2023
|Unitary raises $15M Series A round led by Creandum
|Sep 19, 2023
|Language as the Medium: Multimodal Video Classification through text only accepted to the What is Next in Multimodal Foundation Models? ICCV 2023 workshop!
|Mar 7, 2023
|Unitary Fundraising Announcement - Unitary gets £8m boost for AI social media moderators
|Oct 23, 2022
|Our paper VTC: Improving Video-Text Retrieval with User Comments published at ECCV!
|May 11, 2021
|I have been doing some work adding JPEG decoding on the GPU to the Pytorch torchvision library
- ECCVVTC: Improving Video-Text Retrieval with User CommentsIn ECCV 2022
- ICCVUnsupervised learning of landmarks by descriptor vector exchangeIn ICCV 2019
- NeurIPSModelling and unsupervised learning of symmetric deformable object categoriesIn Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 2018
- NeurIPSUnsupervised learning of object frames by dense equivariant image labellingIn Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 2017
- ICCVUnsupervised learning of object landmarks by factorized spatial embeddingsIn ICCV 2017